Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 6, 2011

We celebrate Lucille Ball's 100th Birthday!


Lucille Ball would have celebrated her 100th birthday today. Lucille know as Lucy was born August 6, 1911 in Jamestown New York. After a long struggle of proving she was good at everything she has ever wanted to be, Lucy landed a role in her own show title "The I Love Lucy Show" in 1951. The show rised quickly to the top receiving many awards, and many first records including "first longest live audience laugh recorded." The show end in 1957 with a spin off call the Lucy show.

How ever it is you may remember Lucille Ball whether it's by her shows, her red hair, or smile. She is one person who will never be forgotten and will go down it hollywood history for years and years to come. New generations today find the show to be entertaining, sometimes I find myself staying up late to watch the marathon on hallmark on sundays.


Today Google is remembering Lucille Ball by displaying a small retro box that plays 5 favorite scenes from the I love Lucy show. Tv networks such as Hallmark and Tv land are playing weekend long marathons.

I sure look forward to watching a I love lucy marathon while I piece together my Image analysis Essay. :)


<3 Silvia


Picture credit: Google.com & pics-celeb.com

Biography history and years: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucille_Ball